Didn't Pay Attention

eirp

I have a SLC-504 running my new house that is connected to RsView32. It was using RsLinx RS-232 DF-1 to communicate and program. Power was interrupted and 504 went into fault. I attempted to go online with RsLogix and got the "no response" window. I went to RsLinx and whatever was selected, I hit OK. It said that if I continue, communication would be lost. I DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION! Now I can't communicate with the 504 because it has changed to something else. How can I get communication back on DF-1 driver? Thanks in advance.

OOPS....
seen that happen at school one day.
1. power down SLC.
2. remove processor from rack
3. remove battery from SLC processor
4. either wait 24 hours or short the batt. connector solder points with screwdriver tip. (hope you backed up)
5. install battery & cross fingers.

Good luck

1. Try the "auto-configure" button in RSLinx DF1 dialog.

2. Did you enable another driver by accidence ? The PIC driver may interfere with the DF1 driver. I think you have to delete the PIC driver in RSLinx AND reboot the PC in order to remove it completely.

Jseper is right. Use the autoconfigure button first. If it can't find the auto configuration, check your communication cables and connections.

Does the comm LED on the processor blink while you are trying to connect to it?

Use bikerdude's solution as a last resort.

You can clear a fault with the keyswitch by switching from RUN through REM to PROG, then switch back through REM to RUN.

Thank you all. What I ended up doing was bringing my laptop from work that has pcmk card and communicates on DH-485. I changed Channel 0 back to DF-1. It worked fine. Thanks again