Different audio alarm based on alarm priority in FTalk View SE?

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
Most HMI have the ability to sound speaker on alarms. What I'm wondering is does Factorytalk View SE have the ability to use different audio clip based on alarm priority? I know there are probably always a way with VBA but I rather keep it simple and use built-in setting instead.

Bump, thinking about it this morning I may not be able to change the audio beep for a PC but I should be able to trigger different physical output based on alarm priority, right?

I'm not very familiar with FTView SE's alarm management. So anyone knows the quickest way to accomplish this?

I did the audio thing on a recent project, so yes....possible. I don't have access to it right now, but my recollection is it's in the global settings of the Alarm & Events server setup. If you are using an older version with HMI Tag-based alarming, then VBA is *probably* necessary and the Rockwell Knowledgebase is your best resource.

The physical output thing is also possible using, as I recall, A&E functions driving Derived Tag values that are sent down to your PLC. VBA applies if using HMI Tag-based alarming.

Hope that gives you something to run with.

Last edited: