Digione IAP

don2405

Good Day.
I am connecting the Digi one IAP to a compactlogix QBFC1B ( 2 db9 serial ports) to give it internet connectivity so it can be connected to an HMI or SCADA.

Please bear with me ( I am no Pro, learning as I go along).

I am seeing the PLC on RS linx and the rslogix 5000 software, but it cannot connect.

The folowing is what is did:

Factory reset and assigned IP address.
Pass through setting - Off
Dip switch setting - 1(on), 2,3,4 (Off)

Industrial Automation Tab -- select: serial slave - DF1- baud(19200)

Where did I go wrong?

I don't have time to dig too deep right now, but did find this:

http://iatip.blogspot.com/2007/01/rockwell-bridging-ethernet-to-df1.html

Not sure if your controller supports the use of the Ethernet Devices driver instead of the Ethernet/IP driver, but that is the first thing I would try.

RSLinx won't talk Ethernet/IP through the Digi One IAP - it will talk "Ethernet Driver" fine. This is *NOT* related to existance of an EDS file. RSLinx talks via the 1761-NET-ENI because it is hard-coded to treat the ENI special. There is no EDS file information which RSLinx examines to function with the ENI.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response OkiePC.

I just tried it with my SLC 5/03 and it worked.

It seems that it cannot work with compactlogix.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Set up an Ethernet Devices driver in RSLinx and see if that helps.

You will need to manually enter the IP addresses of the PLCs on the network you want that driver to browse.