Direct Logic PLC

edward.ortiz

Hello, I am working with a DL205 with a DL250-1 CPU and a H2-ECOM100 module. I have recieved a modbus map that I am working with. The program that i need to create requires me to read a validation value to ensure communication between the plc and a slave unit. The modbus register number is 40060 and the value that it needs to read is 2722. How do I set up the logic in the PLC to read the validation value to confirm communication. In addition, after the value is read, I also need logic that ends the validation. If you need anymore information please let me know. Thank you!!!

Given that you noted the presence of the ECOM100 module it seems that you are implying that the communication will be via Modbus/TCP. But it could be Modbus RTU (serial).

If using Modbus TCP then the information in the ECOM manual will be most helpful to you. You will have to use the slave unit's IP address when setting up the ECOM module's Peer address table.

Assuming this is a continuation of your other thread it should be Modbus TCP. What trouble are you having? Communicating with the unit, reading the value, comparing the value, terminating the validation?

Last edited: