Disable a profinet node Siemens 1500 TIA

bornwild

Hello all,

New to siemens. we have one VFDive which has failed and we need to pull out of the existing network. What exactly needs to be done in TIA so the system works correctly. In AB we would just inhibit the module in the IO. Can any one suggest

You dont need to disable a device that is failed or missing. The rest of the PN IO will continue to function.

If it disturbs you that the system shows there is a bus failure, then you can use D_ACT_DP from the extended instructions to disable specific PN IO Devices.
But in my opinion one should not do that, there is a failed device and the system indicates that correctly.

You dont need to disable a device that is failed or missing. The rest of the PN IO will continue to function.

If it disturbs you that the system shows there is a bus failure, then you can use D_ACT_DP from the extended instructions to disable specific PN IO Devices.
But in my opinion one should not do that, there is a failed device and the system indicates that correctly.

Thanks, Jesper. One more thing Jesper. To assign a new Ip address of profinet VFD drive. Can it is done directly from the TIA with mac address or I need to set in the device manually?

You dont have to assign an IP address. But you DO have to assign the Device Name.
The PN IO Controller then assigns the IP address when it connects to it.

It depends of the device of you can assign the Device Name from TIA. For devices that are from Siemens, then generally yes you can do it from TIA.

An alternative way is to define the precise topology of the Profinet system.
In that case all the Device Names and IP adresses gets assigned automatically.
The constraint is that the devices and cabling must be 100% exact as in real life, down to what cable is connected to which port. And, all devices in the system incl. network gateways must be Profinet rated.