DL 05 Random Number Generator

I am not sure what you mean by you only have an off delay timer. What you have is a Timer that times as long as the rung is true, you can either use compare instructions and/or the discrete status bits to make it act as you desire.

Discrete Status Bit: The discrete status bit is accessed by referencing the associated T memory location. It will be on if the current value is equal to or greater than the preset value. For example the discrete status bit for timer 2 would be T2.

A simple example is use T2 -|/|- in conjuction with the same condition that starts the timer to turn something ON and run until the timer preset has been reached.

Or use T2 -| |- to delay on until the preset has been reached.

Have to use your imagination and think about it.

Dirtysouthdesign ,

I wanted to wait for Bernie's reply to your "works to good" comment.

Dirtysouthdesign said:
Honestly i am not a programmer;

Any help i will greatly thankful for....im an M.E. wish i was a programmer !!!

Dirtysouthdesign said:
My solenoid is on a 20ms offdtmr and i need it like that so the mag field builds has time to build up and give a good pop !

Not knowing what type of outputs you have and making a presumption that you have 24V DC outputs. I just wanted to make sure you knew about the problem with inductive loads and PLC outputs. A solenoid is an inductive load. You might be lucky in that one of the output protection schemes makes the output magnetized longer. This protection scheme is the "reverse bias" diode that conducts the voltage spike that the coil makes when the voltage is turned off. The effect is the coil regenerates it's own power keeping it magnetized longer. For most of us in the controls industry this is a problem we live with. But in your case this might be a asset. The plus side is that you also protect your outputs.