Do-More SMTP question

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I did a search here for Do-More (Automation Direct Software) and didn't see many questions. Thanks to Covid-19 I was unemployed for a couple of months, now I am back to work at a new employer that swears by Automation Direct for all their automation h-ware and s-ware. Never used this platform before. Thankfully, it's pretty easy to use so, moving right along.

I have a project that has an ibox that is logging data, all is well. I am trying to email that project using an ibox EMAIL, with an SMTP device. I have it set up and it is sending the message to my email however, only the message itself, not the attached data log file. On the EMAIL ibox it shows "On Success, Set bit" (C2) and "On Error, Set bit" (C3).C2 is always false and C3 is always true. My project was created as a simulator project which, from what I understand, IS a fully functioning PLC. The fact that it is sending the email successfully tells me it is set up correctly and it does show an attachment however, I am unable to open this attachment. I was hoping someone here has "been there, done that"? Thank you

Okay, I opened the Do-more Simulator and it shows under strings "File wasn't found in EMAIL @000000BD". The Instruction filename and the Log to File both match so I am at a loss.

Hi ceilingwalker,
When you used the send email function in Do-More Designer and select the attached file, did you will see a green dot in the file name field?

Yes. I noticed that I needed to add quotes or it appears to treat it as a tag however, I do have the Green Light.

Hi ceilingwalker,
When you used the send email function in Do-More Designer and select the attached file, did you will see a green dot in the file name field? This will indicate if the file name can be found.
https://accautomation.ca/brx-plc-email-text-sms-messaging-gmail/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhVawCL3ztU&feature=youtu.be

The entire BRX (Do-More) series can be found here.
https://accautomation.ca/series/brx-do-more-plc/

Regards,
Garry

I also enabled the DM Logger and selected message dump, to see if I could spot the problem there however, it isn't showing up there. I triggered a watchdog error to confirm the DM Logger was working and it read the watchdog error. Whatever is going on isn't writing it to DM Logger.

Figured it out! I am not sure if it is just simulator issue however, I had to create my filename using and SST address as opposed to an actual string. For example, my original attempt had the filename "My Test" and it wouldn't send the file. I changed the filename to SST0 and it works fine.

Hi ceilingwalker,
The Simulator will only work with the File System - @SDCardFS. It will simulate a memory card.
I created the same program as I did on the post and ensured that I was logging to @SDCardFS and the program worked as expected.
I'm glad you got it going as well.
Regards,