doubling wire to increase amperage

DLO will not get you there either. (see attached)

It is a very bad misconception a lot of people have that if a conductor is rated for high amperage because it has a rating of 90 C or higher, they think they can just install it and load it up.

I deal with this out here all the time and its hard to convince a lot of these guys that you cant do this.

You can however use the higher rated ampacity for de-rating purposes. (more than 3 conductors in a raceway, conductors passing through high ambient spaces, etc) This will usually keep you from having to up size the conductor when de-rating becomes necessary for an application.

For installing as branch circuit conductors you must follow the NEC and more times than not, you will be subject to having to stay within the boundaries set forth by 75 C ampacity ratings.
The NEC does give you a break on SERVICE ENTRANCE & FEEDER conductors for residential single family homes where you can exceed this a bit. There is a table that spells out the exact allowable ampacity of each size conductor for this exception.

http://www.tfcable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/DLO-90C-and-75-C-Ampacity-Chart-061711.pdf

I understand that you are not allowed to exceed the ampacity rating for your branch circuit protection. The point of using SRML is the smaller size and enhanced flexibility of a conductor that is sized correctly for the load.