Downloading Paramters to SEW drives.

bornwild

Hello folks.

We have SEW Eurodrive movitrac mc-07a0110-5a3-4-00 and couple of movirdrives MDX 61B series. I was just wondering how do i download parameters to them in case the drives die . Which software do i use. Is a good tutorial on how to use these software. I did google and found MT Mangager and Movitools are the software requred . Are they right?

If the drives die, you should be able to take the small red memory module from the top of the drive and put it in the new ones. HOWEVER I have found that this does not always work, as modules between drive revisions are not the same and will cause a fault.

Alternately, you are correct in assuming the Software to use is either MT Manager or Movitool Motion Studio. You'll also need a drive interface (USB11A).

Movitools:
http://www.sew-eurodrive.com.au/produkt/movitools-motionstudio.htm

Thanks Jeev. Just clear this confusion, for movitrac i am suppose to use mt manager or movitools? What about Movidrives? Also, how do i download parameters. I have Mt manager open but i cant find anything which says download. Can u post a tutorial? Thanks

MT Manager is the older software. Movitools Motion Studio is an updated version of MT Manager that looks pretty, is easier to use (Maybe?) and supports more devices. You can use either to connect to the Movitrac or the Movidrive, but I would probably stick to using Movitools Motion Studio, as connecting to devices is a little easier.

Most parameters on the drives can be changed live, so there's no real need to "Download" as such. If you're writing SERVO IPOS Programs in Compiler or Assembly for the Movidrive these will need a download, but general parameter changes can be done without.

For now, if you have MT Manager open the programs you use are:

SHELL - Change Parameters & Drive StartUp

COMPILER - C Compiled Programs & Download/Upload.

ASSEMBLER - Assembly Programs & Download/Upload.

If you're putting IPOS programs on the drives don't forget to "RUN" the programs from the Menus in the COMPILER or ASSEMBLER windows.

Last edited:
MT Manager is the older software. Movitools Motion Studio is an updated version of MT Manager that looks pretty, is easier to use (Maybe?) and supports more devices. You can use either to connect to the Movitrac or the Movidrive, but I would probably stick to using Movitools Motion Studio, as connecting to devices is a little easier.

Most parameters on the drives can be changed live, so there's no real need to "Download" as such. If you're writing SERVO IPOS Programs in Compiler or Assembly for the Movidrive these will need a download, but general parameter changes can be done without.

For now, if you have MT Manager open the programs you use are:

SHELL - Change Parameters & Drive StartUp

COMPILER - C Compiled Programs & Download/Upload.

ASSEMBLER - Assembly Programs & Download/Upload.

If you're putting IPOS programs on the drives don't forget to "RUN" the programs from the Menus in the COMPILER or ASSEMBLER windows.

Thanks mate.In shell>> parameters i can see all the paramters. Suppose i need to change some paramters do i have to download to the drive or is it changed automatically

For the Movidrive, you can also use DBG60B-01 if it's only parameters that need to be copied.
This device also allows you to change parameters without the use of a PC.

If there are specific programs running in the Movidrive, you still need Movitools.

No idea for the Movitrac, but on the SEW site I'm sure there are manuals that can hlp you out.

Thanks mate.In shell>> parameters i can see all the paramters. Suppose i need to change some paramters do i have to download to the drive or is it changed automatically

You only need a download for things like IPOS Programs (Compiler or Assembler). You can change the Shell parameters live while online to the drive.... BUT some of the parameters will only take effect after you cycle power to the drive, E.G. Changing a Node or IP Address.