Downloading PDF's from Siemens comfort panels

Marshy

Hi,
For some reason when I try and download a pdf file from the 'file browser' in the Simatic HMI Miniweb, Chrome and Internet Explorer change the extension to htm, does anyone know why this may be happening? I do not get this issue when downloading pdf from other Internet sites.
The HMI is a TP700 Comfort.
Any help / ideas would be appreciated.

King Regards

Rich

Is the computer downloading just the .PDF or is it downloading the entire webpage (.HTM) that includes the PDF?

It may be something similar to IE's famous "Print All" default when you select something on a webpage and want to print only that selection. IE may be downloading the entire page. If it does this there should be a file called [webpage].htm and a folder called [webpage] that holds all objects from that page, with the PDF being one of them, move the PDF somewhere else & delete the webpage files

Thanks for the reply. No it's just downloading the file, if I change the htm extension back to pdf it will open as it should.