Downloading to a Red Lion G304K

I got an sk000 hooked between my serial port (com 4) and an Allen Bradley 1100 and a G304K. When I try to download from Crimson 3 (Send)to a G304K the com port is communicating but I am getting an error "No acknowlege from target device" Any ideas why this is ocurring????

Downloading........

No RSLinx is not open. I need this on to download? Also, I cleared the G304K's database. Program port with no drivers. Still receiving the error " No acknowlege from target device'.

No RSLinx is not open. I need this on to download? Also, I cleared the G304K's database. Program port with no drivers. Still receiving the error " No acknowlege from target device'.

No you don't want any programs like RSLinx open they will block the serial port. Go into device manager and verify that your USB to 232 converter is indeed Com4. Then go to Link > Options in the crimson software and verify what port you are using to download.

Jeremy

When I try to download I do not get a com 4 error. Which means that the port is working. So when I send the database to the G304K the software is not finding the G304K, " No acknowlege from target device". Possible that something is wrong with the G304K? Someway to test it? I am using a serial port on the back of my computer.

It is not standard for a Comm port on a PC to be Comm4. Have you tried Comm 1 or 2?

What does the G304K show on the display?

Thanks
Jeremy

Also verify that you have the HMI side of the cable connected to the G3 and the PC side of the cable connected to your desktop

Thanks
Jeremy