Downloading to PanelView 600

MattD

Panelview 600 (2711-B6C8) has DH+ port and RS232 Printing port. I don't have DH+ capabilities from development PC. I believe I can download to RS232 port using panelbuilder 32. The printing is DISABLED. But I cannot find the PV600 using internal DF1 driver, nor from RSLinx network. What cable do I need? Which driver should I use in Linx? And how should I configure that driver? Thanks for any help!

I believe you need a straight thru serial cable and you need the existing application in the panleview to have the auxillary port usage set to download, if that's what you mean by disabled.

Also, check your comm port selection and baud rate in the transfer utility to ensure they match the existing settings in the panelview.

The easiest way to transfer the application IMHO is via an ATA type PCMCIA memory card if you have one available. You can save the application as a .pva file type, then copy it to the memory card. Insert the card in the panelview and load it from the configuration screen.