Downloading to Panelview and retaining connection

rocksalt

I am accessing PLC's from my office on a VLAN. I have a dedicated ENBT for intranet connections. I want to be able to create a .mer file (when I run factorytalk in the office I have to change the communications path to check my work) from the office and send it to the machine without walking to the machine to configure the communications path.

Would I need to manually enter the path and then download it or could I deselect the "replace communications" in the transfer utility?

"Replace Communications" is a bad idea.
When testing screens within FTVS (office PC) you are using the path listed within the RSLinx Enterprise/Communication Settings Design(Local) Tab.
When testing the Runtime on yor FTVS running PC ("Running Man" button) or when the .mer is deployed into a field installed PV+ terminal the Runtime application is using the path listed in RSLinx Enterprise/Communication Settings Runtime(Target) Tab.
If the two paths are identical then the developer used the dreaded "Copy from design to Runtime" "feature".
Edit the Design path and add all the devices between the PC and controller from the PC's "perspective".; leave the Runtime path alone.

Last edited: