drives are dead again

Same issue with PF40's

Yes, I realize this post just keeps getting re-visited but I'm sure we all still have PF40's out there. One thing I've noticed is that I can keep them powered for 30minutes, 60 minutes or longer and eventually the come back (At least the initial occurrence of this issue). That leads me to believe the capacitor issue. Probably time to start swapping these out for PF525's as they fail.

In a semi unrelated story;

Many moons ago, I worked at a company that never shut down. Then one day, when lightning shut down the company for them,
10 out of 14 AB 1336 drives wouldn't restart. There was no display, the drives appeared to be fried. As a last ditch effort, we
took off the covers and individually brought the drive electronics back up to "operating temperature" with a hot air heat gun.
One by one, all of those drives restarted, and were still operating ten years later when I left that horrible, horrible company.

What series inverters are these we have had and continue to have issues

with the PF-4 and PF-40 drives one of our local reps found a Tech note

that AB put out on the PF-4's concerning the Capacitors during power

downs and power-ups we sent 24 drives in and got them repaired for

free. The power supply in the PF-40 series drives that power the Comm-E

modules are also notorious to fail and we have replaced several of

them.