"E-Terminals" opinions...

A few years ago I jumped on the deal to get the SC09 and Fx1n and manuals. I didnot care about which software they supplyed. they then supplyed a short version of the Gx-Dev. I think I was something like GXWin or close to this. This time they send the real FXWin. If you have ever worked with it... what a piece of ****. :confused:

Really I own full GX-Developer and not planning for FX kit.
May be my customer will get it.

But I am looking for E-series HMI kit really serious - I will be placing order Monday

Hello Contr_Conn
Do you have the price for E150ET terminal also, if so, please tell me. We cannot buy E150ET terminal in Europe, but I am intresting to know the price in USA.
Regards
Seppo

Hello Eric and others

If you are using E-terminal and Mitsubishi plc you can try also this:
Object Designer:
OD is batabase program which help you to make plc program and MMI. OD will generate plc program automaticly, meaning that you do not need to make any programming to the plc for motors, valves, limit swich, analog measurement, anlog control and PID controller. You need to fill out only table for each object (like motor or PID controller) and make transfer to plc, and so, is your plc program ready to run. You are also getting video pictures and communication between plc and video with same, only export command is needed and you got the pictures. This is vevy fast vay to make plc program. This program is made by Beijer Electronics Oy in Finland. Demo program is available. Look also attached power point presentation.

Simple and very true.

Regars
Seppo

Seppo
I don't have E150ET proce, buy I can ask my local distributor.

Any specifc options you need?
Or should I ask just for E150ET?

All prices I posted were quoted to me during last 10 days by the local guys.

Hello Contr_Conn
Please ask two prices:
1. operator terminal E150
2. operator terminal with ethernet E150ET
Thank you very much
Regards
Seppo

Hello Contr_Conn

Mitsubishi has two type 150 terminals, so if you ask the price please ask both of them.

Here are all E series text terminals taken from Mitsubishi www-pages:
E200
NEMA 4/4X, UL 508, UL 1604
4 rows x 20 character, backlit LCD, 5 function key display, 24 VDC power
E150ET
2 rows x 20 character, backlit LCD, 6 function key display, 5 VDC power with built in Ethernet*
E150
2 rows x 20 character, backlit LCD, 6 function key display, 5 VDC power
E100
2 rows x 20 character, backlit LCD, 4 function key display, 5 VDC power
E50
2 rows x 16 character, backlit LCD, 4 function key display, 5 VDC power

and here is the URL:
http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/Web..._Selection_Guide/HMI-SG-Section/P-HMI-ESeries

Regards
Seppo

Goody said:
I think the E series are ok but I will give you a few down points.

Thanks Goody, these are excellent points to consider!

1, you have to make an ugly hole in the panel to fit them. Not a nice square hole - the fastening screws are all over the place with very little room for adjustment.

I'll just make a drawing and let the CNC operator fight with it... :p

2, On the 'none touchscreen' models - the buttons and led's are badly placed. This can be very confusing for the operator.

I did notice that they are quite scattered, but for my application this shouldn't be a problem.

3, The peice of paper (for want of a better word) that lables the led's and buttons is very hard to get out and even harder to put back in, and if you want to re-lable a button after you have fitted the hmi - you have to take the whole thing out.

NOTHING could be more difficult than installing custom keypad labels in an Automation Direct EZ-Text panel... mddr

I'll see how these compare and get back to you... ;)

4, Recipes; these are very difficult to understand. The documentation is very poor (or maybe that's just me) It took me ages to get to grips with them.

Recipes are not required in this project, though it would be a nice option if I have a chance to figure them out. Thanks for the 'heads up' before I commit to offering this option.

5, only a little point but when an alarm is triggered it flashes in the top right corner. You have to design your screen so that nothing else overlaps in this corner.

I remember reading about that in the manual, but was a little confused. Thanks for confirming that it DOES appear in a fixed location. I'll keep that in mind... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

P.S. Yes Pierre, I too fell for that FX 'starter kit'. Remember my "Mitsubishi Sucks" thread?... :rolleyes:

P.P.S. I see you've solved your cookie problem, Seppo!... :cool:

Eric,
Don't be discouraged about the alarm symbol. You can just make your own and put it anywhere you want. Make it pop up when an alarm occurs or blink etc. etc.,whatever you need. What is so easy about this software is that you can change the dynamics of most of the objects. Also there is the alarm banner that you can have pop up and display the current alarm. I never liked the default one that popped up in the top right hand corner either. There are many different ways to get the operators attention. Have fun!! beerchug

e700.gif

Last edited:
Watchout for the Beijer Data Exchange function called BDTP .

I use this a lot because its very useful when you want to link 2 or more PLC with thess interfaces. Very easy to estup and use BUT:

When you enable the BDTP function in the software, anytime you enter a new address, it will, by default enter a sign (Ex: <m260) that connects this new address as an exchanged value to a remote HMI.

What you have to do is enable the function, download the Setup to the HMI, then disable this function an don't download the Setup anymore when updating your HMI screens.

Its a little annoying.

NOTHING could be more difficult than installing custom keypad labels in an Automation Direct EZ-Text panel...

Hey did you not watch the nice video in the help files :):) :)

Last edited:
Pierre said:
Hey did you not watch the nice video in the help files :):) :)
If you'll notice, the label never makes it all the way in. You don't see the extra hour of footage they shot trying to get it the rest of the way. They gave up when they ran out of videotape... :rolleyes:

You also don't know how many 'takes' it took (and hours of editing) to get even that much video. Notice the lack of audio. I'll bet they had to remove it due to the excessive foul language being used... :D

Try playing the video in reverse (drag the slider). I have a strong suspicion they just filmed the label being removed, which is easy, then played it back in reverse... :nodi:

beerchug

-Eric

I use this a lot because its very useful when you want to link 2 or more PLC with thess interfaces.

In past I have used the CIMREX screens as a comm's gateway not just between PLC's but also other various equipment IE Danfoss Drive to PLC etc.....
This is a very price competive option.

Those button labels can be an absolute b***h!

One thing I found that made it a bit easier was to print it out on photo paper, rather than standard. A bit more strength, and it slid easier. Then a bit of careful work with a sharp knife-- take off the corners of the leading edge, and sharpen the remaing bit to a point.
Got it to work on the 3rd try after that!

Of course you could always try a nice permanent pen directly on to the cover of the HMI, but it might get tricky if you ever want to update...