E1070 transparent mode problems.

Goody

I am asking on here in case anyone has come across this before.

I have also asked it on mrplc.com to try reach a wider audience as I am a little baffled.

A customer has an E1070 HMI connected to an FX1n.
Everything has worked perfectly for years until one day...........

The HMI was only 'half' communicating with the PLC
By that I mean, I could see values in registers on the screen and the LED's were working but none of the buttons were working.

I connected to the HMI with a CAB30 cable and got the HMI program out but I could not communicate with the PLC in transparent mode.

I connected to the PLC with an SC09 cable and got the PLC program out.

They bought a brand new E1070 HMI and a new plc connecting cable and I put the HMI program in it and all worked great again.

But! even with the new HMI and cable, I still couldn't connect in transparent mode.

Nothing was touched on the screen, I fitted it as it came out of the box (no dip switches touched etc)

Are there any obvious settings I might be missing?

My CAB30 is fairly new and it did work perfectly on another project. (so I don't suspect that)
I of course ticked the 'transparent mode' box in communication settings and I also tried several baud rates but I could not communicate with the plc

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Double-check that the Transparent mode Icon is placed under the RS232 port (in E-Designer peripheral settings). Also make sure that the selected baudrate for the RS232 port corresponds to the RS422 port. So if the FX-driver (RS422) is configured to use 9600 then it's important that the RS232 also is configured to use 9600.

You also need to double check that the baudrate, parity, databits and stopbit settings in GX IEC Developer/GX Developer correpsonds to the settings in E-Designer (RS232).

In some cases it can be a good idea to use a serial port "sniffer" software, then you can see what is going on and if the PC even receives any data from the panel at all (just for trouble shooting purposes).

//Supporter

Thank you. That is most definitely the problem.

I have never been in the 'peripheral' settings before - they have all just worked out of the box. So the original programmer has messed with these settings for some reason.

I was sure it was a wrong setting but thought it was on the PLC side. Thanks again.