Eaton ELC

raij45

Hi everyone. I am newer to the PLC world. I was trained on mostly Allen Bradley and Rockwell stuff. Long story short. I have never used the Eaton software and set it up. I have the soft/free version. Will that suffice for going in and changing up some micro mechanical switches to proxy sensors? Any knowledge will be much appreciated.

If you're just changing field devices then you don't even really need to change logic do you? Just check that the prox triggers the appropriate input light when activated.

as saffa said, you don't even have to change to logic for that. you could just add some aux relays and invert signal

EDIT:
however, if you can upload program, then just search for every input you're changing and replace it with NO contact if it were NC

Last edited:
I am trying to add to the already written logic. The microswithches that are currently being used do not measure as precise as the proxy I am trying to install. I am not wanting to add anything to this except the proxy switches in a N.C. state.

I know how to do it. My peoblem is the eaton ELCsoft soft ware that is free feom their site is garbage. I was looking for some answers in that end.

I know how to do it. My peoblem is the eaton ELCsoft soft ware that is free feom their site is garbage. I was looking for some answers in that end.

I have used the free version of ELC Soft on a couple projects. It's not perfect, but I have a lot less trouble with it than Rockwell software. One job was replacing an AB PLC with the Eaton. The instructions are almost identical to Mitsubishi FX.