Editing in remote vs. program? (SLC 5/03 - 5/04s)

h3rk

I was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a `source, or describe briefly the difference between the changes that can be made "online" in remote, versus changes that could only be made in program. I'm having a hard time finding anything on this.

Specifically, I want to change the value of B in a "Less Than" from one numeric value to another.

I'm thinking this is the kind of thing that you can do in remote, but I want to be sure... Thanks.

I would have tried it already, but I'm having a hard time getting Rslogix/RSlinx to talk to the 5/04. It talks to the 5/03 just fine... I'll probably post another question about that, as soon as I try a few more things, and give up.

Remote isn't really a mode. When the keyswitch is in remote, then you can change between run and program mode from RSLogix500.

Just about anything you can change on a rung can be done in run mode. Just double click in the space to the left of the rung to start an on-line edit. Make the changes. Then do the 3 finger salute (accept, test, assemble).

Some things require a download of the program (in program mode). Like adding a new data file or extending one to a larger size. Adding a new ladder file too.

If the number you want to change in the LES instruction is an address in the PLC, you can change the contents without making an online edit. If the number is a constant, then an online edit is needed.

Good luck,