Emerson (GE) Rx3i connection to C-More EA9 HMI

SLJackson

I am trying to get an interface set up between an Emerson (Formerly GE) Rx3i series PLC and a Automation Direct C-More EA-9 series HMI. I have the program in the PLC and the runtime in the HMI. I have checked, double, triple and quadruple checked the IP settings in both the PLC ethernet card and the HMI panel. All is correct it appears. I get a grey banner across the top of t he HMI saying the connection times out and have spent all morning on google trying to find information on it. I called Automation Direct tech support and they simply pointed me to the help file I have read numerous times already. I am hoping that someone has already tried and figured this out as I am currently clueless. The PLC card interface is simple enough and I have an old HMI I can connect to it and the old HMI works just fine (unfortunately I do not have the development file for that HMI and cannot upload it either it appears). Therefore I feel the PLC side is correct. On the HMI I have used the GE Ethernet SRTP (90/30 Rx3i) driver for the connection, I have set my IP address and subnet mask. All other values were left at default. Can someone help this knuckle dragger figure out his misstep? Thanks in advance for any help!

AD didn't offer a GE ethernet communications driver until they came out with the EA9 series. Prior to that the only GE option was serial SNPX and the Rx3i doesn't support SNPX. Consequently I don't have any hands-on experience connecting a C-More to an Rx3i.

Do you have to cycle power to the C-More after setting the IP address? And was the PLC stopped when you downloaded after changing the IP address. The Rx3i can't accept changes to its hardware configuration while running and the IP address is set in hardware configuration.

Last edited: