ET200M and Prosoft

Kefren

Hello friends

I am about to get crazy, I am trying to connect a ET200M (Siemens) to a Prosoft card, the part number is MVI56-PDPMV1 in a ControlLogix PLC.

When I scan the network in the Prosoft Config Builder software the ET200M is recognize but GSD file does not work, I have try to many GSD files and the one that works recognize the ET200M as something else.

I attached some screen captures and the prosoft file.

Have you ever configured a network like this? ControlLogix with prosoft card for ET200M (The protocol is Profibus)

Cheers

Try using a slow baud rate first. Are you using standard Profibus media? Like the pink cable and Profbus DSub9 connectors with termination? Do you have a properly terminated network? Is there any other Profibus node other than the Prosoft master and the ET200 remote IO device?

I am using a short cable to test in my desk, pink cable Belden Profibus Cable 3079A and terminals Phoenix Contact Subcon Plus model, the terminals have switch to terminated the network

I am testing only with one Profibus node, I tryed all baud rate availables in the master properties with no success

What is the behaviour of the lamps in the Profibus DP slave?
Is there any diagnostics information on the Logix Designer side for the Prosoft card? Is there any online diagnostics available in the Prosoft tool? How do you connect the Prosoft tool to the MVI56-PDPMV1? Sorry, have never used this product.
How is the station number set in the Profibus device, switches? Is it set to node 20?
(sorry, I realize it has to be, because you wrote the device was detected.)
Make sure the configured slots correspond to the physical slots connected to the ET200)

Last edited:
In the slave:
SF lamp is off
BF lamp is flashing red
ON lamp is solid green

In the master:
Com stat is off
All other lamps are green

In logix designer the prosoft card is ok, online and good
In prosoft tool the prosoft card is ok also, the slave ET200M has a diagnostic, I took a screen capture and placed it in a word document wich is attached, I dont understand the diagnostic and did not find anything on the web :(

The slave station number is set to 20, I tryed may other numbers, the device is detected perfectly, The slave part number is 6ES7-153-2BA70-0XB0 I found the GSD file on the Siemens portal but the Prosoft tool does not match the slave with the installed GSD file.

:cry:

Since the Prosoft software can see the ET200M when scanning, then the cable and baudrates are OK.
Can you show the configuration of the master ?
It looks as if the software can identify the 4th slot, but not the first 3 slots.
What hardware is physically installed in the ET200M rack ?

My profibus cable was exactly 0.68m length, I replaced it for a 3m length cable and have the same result.

I attach here a picture of:

1- The setup in my desk and part numbers
2- Pictures of the prosoft tool with the configuration of the master and scaned network
3- The prosoft file compressed

Master Configuration 1.png Master Configuration 2.png Master Configuration 3.png Picture of setup.jpg

Attachments

• Prosoft Edgard G.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 2
Hard to say since I dont know the Prosoft software.
There are 3 slots that are called 'config for slot x' only.
But it could be these are place holders for something else.
There can be max 12 real slots in an ET200M rack. So that could be the slots 4-15 that we can see and in 'slot 4' there is the single 16 DO card.
IM153-2 is an interface module intended for a redundant setup with socalled active backplanes.
I am not even sure that this can work without a second IM153-2 or without the active backplanes. Maybe has to do with the 3 first slots.

Please list the exact part nos of all the Siemens parts.

The exact parts are:

1x 6ES7 153-2B170-0XB0 (ET200M)
1x 6ES7 322-1BH01-0AA0 (DO 16xDC24V/0.5A)

Mounted in:
1x 6ES7 195-7HB00-0XA0 (base for mounting)

Jesper, I am able to compile a program with similar setup, with only one Profibus DP coupler (I could not find the exact part number even though I installed the GSE file provided by Kefren. I am able to compile the project I would say that when used with Siemens PLC the redundancy is an option. Maybe there is something with the Prosoft device.

2022-06-15_ProfibusDP.png

The 6ES7195-7HB00-0XA0 is the active backplane which is needed for a redundant system. I have no experience with this either, so it could be that you can actually use the parts in a non-redundant system.
I note that in your setup there are 3 initial 'slots' before the IO module, and the IM153-2 is in slot 2. In Kefren's setup slot 2 is empty. Maybe that is where it goes wrong.

I note that in your setup there are 3 initial 'slots' before the IO module, and the IM153-2 is in slot 2. In Kefren's setup slot 2 is empty. Maybe that is where it goes wrong.
Good point Jesper. Yes, I only added the module to the bus coupler and TIA put it there automatically.
Kefren, maybe you want to look into this. Can you try making the configuration with the Prosoft tool look more like the screenshot from the Siemens TIA portal?