Ethernet communication S7 S300 / S7 400

obi wan

Hi,

I want to know if the standard of communication ethernet of plc S7 300 and S7 400 it is the same.
a driver for read / write date (input, outputs, DB, merker, etc) 'hang' this data from communication procesor (for example CP 341-1 or CP 443-1) or from central processing unit (for example CPU 414-2) ??
I ask this because in configuration of driver DASSIdirect (Wonderware - Intouch) and libnodave (open source) it is necessary to configure the slot number of CPU.

Bye

In principle they are the same.
Only, in an S7-300 the slot number is always 2. In an S7-400, the slot number can be 2-3-4-..
edit: It does not depend on an eventual CP. It is always the CPU slot number that is specified.

Similar Topics

I'm retrofitting equipment, but I didn't want to change the electrical characteristics of the panel. In this equipment I have a dedicated...
Replies
Views
I have a contractor at my water plant installing 3 brand new Powerflex 7000 VFD's for my High Service pumps. I would like to control these via...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We are planning Establish communication between Power Energy Meter (Schneider PM5320) with Rockwell PLC. I am unable to get the Assembly...
Replies
Views
Hi All ... In one full plant, all machines are connected to networks. above 500 ip address... that consists of plc,servo,hmi and third party...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a requirement of communicating my 5380 CPU with Zebra ZT411 Printer. Is there any one who did this before ? Do we need to have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom