Expert advice ror A2N(s1) cpu GX-Developer to MEDOC is possible??

pergos

Hi all I need your valuable assistance urgently!

I am new in Mitsubishi plcs environment and I
used GX Developer to read a plc with A2N(s1) cpu.
(Problem was the flashing run led and stable error led that I tried to find the fault registers)

Unfortunately then I cleared the plc memoryo_O!!!!!!

The program I read with GX developer is a ladder of several hundreds of symbols mostly in yellow color. (but something seemed strange..)

I dint realize that there was a problem and syupidly I cleared plc memory thinking that I can easily write back the program anytime.

I tried several times to pass back to plc the program but now is impossible:unsure:. Am I doing something wrong??????

The program seems that has to be converted first!!!
When I try "convert" I get error messages that values are out of range ecc.

As a newcomer in mitsubishi plc I think that something made wrong or maybe is a general problem with GX developer compatibility with the old software developed with MEDOC. Of course I hope that is something easy and i am doing wrong actions.

HELP !!!o_O I NEED TO WRITE BACK TO CPU THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!

Anyway I wonder if

1. someone could tell me if can repair that ladder code somehow.

2. Is there anyway to pass the project from GX Developer to MEDOC format so I can open it with the old MEDOC? This could be a solution I believe.

3. Do someone know if the file format read from plc and now is saved in the GXdeveloper project can be found and used? Possibly forced back to cpu?
4 Is there any GX developer to MEDOC converter or method?

Please help, I need desperately to find a solution.

I can sent you the code if you are experienced and you can help. May be is something simple for you.

Thank you all in advance! Forgive my poor english.

Last edited:
Dear Ronnie I add this information that maybe helps. On my plc module is written A2N.

I noticed ... In the Gx developer cpu list appears only A2N(S1) cpu.

Searching photos of the cpu's in internet I see that there are 2 types. The type A2N(S1) and the type A2N. The model is written also on the plc modules.
Could be my problem that are different? But where is in the GX developer the A2N cpu?

Last edited:
Sorry to say - but it looks very much like you are in trouble.
Looking at the program in 'LIST' mode it is 6114 steps long.

(many of the rungs will not show in LADDER as they are incomplete or corrupted)

There are hundreds of missing LD and OUT instructions. Guessing what they were would be impossible.

I would say the CPU became corrupted (it's a very old CPU) hence the flashing LED's and what you uploaded was what was left in the memory
So clearing the memory would have made no difference - there was never a working program in there.

Good luck. It can't be recovered.