External PCMCIA Adapter

junior

Hi All,
A client of mine got a laptop, but it has no PCMCIA ports on it. They were asking me if there are any extgernal pcmcia adapters that would plug into the USB port. The would need this so they can plug in their DH+ or Control Net cards. Any products people would recommend?

Jr.

This is a laptop that one of my clients has and they're trying to find the adapter. The quatech product looks interesting, but I'm curious about how well it will work.

Try a 1784-U2DHP (DH+ USB adapter) and a 1784-U2CN (USB to ControlNet adapter). I beleive that there is an upgrade program to convert your existing PC card adapters to their USB equivelents.

USB connections

Rockwell Automation has:
1) 1784-U2DHP for DH+, hopefully soon to be updated.
2) 1784-U2DN for DeviceNet, I've used these, they work great.
3) 1784-U2CN for ControlNet.. Scheduled for release next week.
They are offering " a Receive a credit on purchases of the 1784-U2CN when you return your existing
1784-PCC card. ... USB to ControlNet Network Cable 1784-U2CN ...
[SIZE=-1]literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pp/1784-pp017_-en-e.pdf[/SIZE]
I've used this interface and it works well!
We ran into the shrinking number of PCMCIA Laptops these days.

Hope this helps.