Extracting FTView SE datalog files to CSV

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I have a customer with an FTView SE system running some datalog files. They can see the trends on the client, but they now want to extract the raw data to CSV (or similar) so that they can import it into their software and analyse it.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Easiest way is to have all the required pens on a trend page and make sure the option "allow export trend data" is checked on the properties of the trend page is selected.
This way allows you to select the start and end times etc.
Alternatively use the FactoryTalk View File Viewer application and open the log files then export.
This way is painful depending on the archive structure - data log files changing daily,monthly etc.

I think that datalog files can be to a DB like SQL just needs setting up, then these can be exported in something like Excel, years ago I did an RS32View system (I do believe FT is nothing more than an upgraded version of this, it is so similar), we initially logged the data to MSAccess DB's, but as this was being dropped and not liked by IT we just logged the data to an SQL DB on the servers, I wrote an application in Excel VBA for production to produce reports.

Just circling back to this job now - thanks Chelton, it worked just as you described.