Factory Talk ME display Stored Recipe value.

Scott_B

Hey Everyone,
I need some assistance from some good HMI programmers.
I have been asked to make some changes to the HMI on one of our Packaging machines so that when an operator changes a value the old valve is displayed next to it. So that you would know if something would be changed. Or they forget what they would have entered in and they can get back to it.
I am trying to come up with a simple way to do and I think I am over complicating it, I am not very familiar with some of the expressions and maybe I should use them?
All recipes are stored in the PLC under Active Recipe, once an operator loads a selected recipe it gets loaded into the active recipe from the stored recipe area.
A few thoughts would be to have several line indicators only visible when a certain recipe is active and displaying the stored value. Or use one-line indicator but have some expression written that only displays when a certain recipe is active. Copy the text before the value is changed to the indicator next to it?
Any thoughts how people have done this in the past?
This HIM does not use the Factory Talk Recipe manger.