Factory Talk View 5.10 install problem

yang1216

Hi all,
I have installed rslinx 2.57 in my computer, so I have installed plat form 2.30. Now I want to install FTV 5.10, and it need plat form 2.10. But when I installed plat form 2.10, it told me there was already higher version plat form, and the installation cannot be done.
How can I solve this problem? Should I uninstall the plat form 2.30 mannully, but I don't know whether it would have influence on rslinx and other rockwell softwares.
Thanks for your help.

Dont uninstall, I had the same problem and it really messed up my computer when I tryed to uninstall it. I dont know the reason just giving you a warning. I would like to know the solution also.

My advice,

Install 6.1 and move on. That version is fairly old and as you have seen not entirely compatible with other more current pieces of RA software.

I have never understood how hard people are willing to work to make old versions of things work versus using the current.

I realize it is not always easy to use the current version, but I would submit it is rarely impossible to use the current version.

And it is almost always less headache.

RSL