Factory Talk View ME v11.0 - Online Tags

spartacus06

Hello,

I am having an issue accessing my 'online' tag data information from the PLC (1756-L81E) in the tag browser.
The 'offline' tag folder is always accessible for some reason, even after I deleted the file path directory.
I've tried opening another project, and still having the same problem.

So far I have attempted the following items to resolve the problem
  • Reinstalled the software
  • Restarted Factory Talk tag server
  • Deleted the device shortcut

Has anyone else ran into this issue? o_O

You didn't mention - you are able to detect your processor in the IO tree

Ensure you are able to see your processor in the RSLinx Enterprise [communication tab], and your device short cut is pointed to it, in both design and runtime tabs.

It's been a while for me with that software so... Is it possible it's opening on a second monitor that's no longer there?

He said that he can see Offline, so the window is visible. But we don't know what he is seeing.

Are you seeing Online or is it just that you click on the + and nothing appears? Have you right-clicked and selected Refresh All?

OG

Yes, I am seeing the Online folder but none of the tags load in the browser.

I deleted the ethernet driver in Factory Linx, and restarted the PC. After this change, I am able to test the display with live values, even though the Online folder is not accessible.

I transferred the new runtime application after this change, and the live values will show up on the HMI, but there are a ton of error messages saying "CLX Processor uploaded after tag information upload failed on route ControlLogix at 192.168.60.10"

Last edited:
Quick update,

After leaving the project running on the HMI for 2 hours. The error messages cleared w/ no more pop-ups, input functions are no longer freezing, and the panel is functioning (PanelviewPlus 7, Firmware 10).