Factory Talk View Studio 32 bit to 64 bit conversion

jtashaffer

At work the laptop I use is a 64 bit windows 7 computer. Most of are PanelView Plus HMI's were wrote on a 32 bit operating system. I talked to are local AB rep and he told me to get a 32bit laptop with factory talk view studio and you can convert them over. Do you have to have the .APA (application file) file or can you just have the .MER (runtime file) file? I don't have 90% of the application files. Has anyone had any experience with this? any ideas would be great.

You can just have the .mer file. You can rebuild it into an APA file (as usual, all your security data will be scrambled, so make sure you know what it is before you overwrite it!) and then do the conversion from there.

FYI, I've never found it necessary to use the "official" conversion tools. If you're using a new enough version of FTView Studio on the 32-bit laptop (or VM), when you open it, it'll ask if you want to update it. Click yes, then once it's done save it and export it back to an APA. Then your 64 bit laptop can open it fine.

FYI, I've never found it necessary to use the "official" conversion tools. If you're using a new enough version of FTView Studio on the 32-bit laptop (or VM), when you open it, it'll ask if you want to update it. Click yes, then once it's done save it and export it back to an APA. Then your 64 bit laptop can open it fine.

This is absolutely true.

Example: 6.1 32bit --> 8.0 64bit.

First, export 6.1 32bit to APA or MER, or use HMI Backup Restore if SE

Second, open on intermediary 64bit 6.1 VM.

Third, Export again from 64bit 6.1 VM.

Lastly, Import on 64bit 8.0 VM.

Else, if you try to go right from 6.1 32 bit --> 8.0 64Bit it will give you some error on some "Tag Conversion issue".