FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard - Access Denied

akureshi23

I've ran into a issue with reconnecting FactoryTalk Directory abruptly after our VM environment had windows updates/patches done.

The following are my findings and what I've done so far.

Start:

While working on a project in FTV Studio, the application crashed and after the VM was rebooted, it was found to have corrupted my windows user directory. This I'm assuming is unrelated to the actual FTD Configuration issue.

Findings/Things Tried: (Note: Trying to Configure Local Directory)

• Log On To FacotryTalk was found to have "Cache times out in -> EXPIRED"
  • FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard throws a "Access Denied" Error
  • Have Tried Running the Wizard as Admin with same results.
  • Tried installing Latest FT Patches Sep 2020
  • Repaired FT Services
  • Restarted Services in Windows Services

Lost as to what other options are available besides Uninstalling and Reinstalling everything.