FactoryTalk ME global objects and parameter files

dmned64

I the past I have successfully used both global obects with parameters and also popups that reference parameter files. I am trying now to use multiple instances of a global object on the same graphic and have each instance reference a parameter file instead of filling in the global object parameter entries for each instance. One reason I want to do this is so I can also use a single instance of the global object on a different graphic that would also refence one of the parameter files. This way I can enter the information in the parameter files once then reference it each time I designate in a use of the global object.

Can this be done?

Yes. That is usually my preferred way to use parameters too.

OG

What is stumping me is when I place the parameterized global objects on the graphic I cannot see how to link each instance to a different parameter file. I know how to do it if the graphic is a pop-up with a single instance of the object but not when the graphic is not a pop-up and has multiple instances of the object each with a reference to a different parameter file.