FactoryTalk showing Day Of Week?!

LordFly

For some reason that I do not understand, FactoryTalk is showing the Day of Week in the time and date display, despite the fact that this isn't an option. I would like to turn this off so it does NOT show the Day of Week. Any suggestions? I feel like it's probably an option somewhere, but I can't find it. Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Interesting. If I go through the same process, my dialogue box shows that option as including the day of the week.

EDIT: Looks like the options shown are based on the Windows Region Settings. I wonder if you can change how it actually displays by adjusting that on the runtime device?

Date_Format.png

Last edited:
You might have to do a text display with embedded variables to get around that.

Also might try in the text field under the general properties you show in the pic messing with that syntax to see if you can make the result you are after. Changing the /*LD*/ to something like /*Mm*/ maybe, if it lets you.

Interesting. If I go through the same process, my dialogue box shows that option as including the day of the week.

EDIT: Looks like the options shown are based on the Windows Region Settings. I wonder if you can change how it actually displays by adjusting that on the runtime device?

You are 100% correct, it is a region setting in windows CE! Good call, thanks!

For anyone else with this issue: Skip out of FactoryTalk into Windows CE, go to the Control Panel, open the Region Settings, and on the Date tab under the Long Date section, change the "dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy" to "MMMM dd, yyyy". Or whatever option you prefer.

Capture2.PNG

In the Windows Control Panel under Region you can define how you want the long date to appear. This setting is defined by the device, not by FTV Studio. The PV terminal has options for Region in the Terminal Settings so you would need to define how it should appear at the device itself.

OG

LordFly beat me to the punch. But if you don't want or can't access CE, you can change this in the Terminal Settings from Config Mode

LordFly beat me to the punch. But if you don't want or can't access CE, you can change this in the Terminal Settings from Config Mode

That's good to know. It is a lot easier to access that way. Exiting the application is usually easy, remembering the password to get to CE is usually a lot harder ;)