factorytalk view 3position Selector SW

nmk34

i need to create a 3 position selector switch, Auto, Manual and Sanitation. Can someone layout the steps in creating this task? I saw a thread on this site but could not follow all the different suggestions.

FactoryTalk View ME

You can create a 3-position switch using the animation function and 3 Interlock push buttons.
First make a DINT Tag, I named mine POS_SW. Use it for the Animation Tag and the Connection Tag for the Interlock push buttons.

The Switch can be found in the Graphics folder/ Libraries/ Buttons-Industrial.

Right Click on the switch and select Animation, set the animation values as shown below.
3 POS SW.JPG

On the General tab of the Interlock push button set the button's value to 1, 2 or 3.
Interlock PB.JPG

In your PLC you can use the EQU instruction on your DINT to determine the switch's position. (Auto=1, Man=2, Sanitation=3)

Last edited: