FactoryTalk View and OPC Server (RSLinx)

phuz

I'm working with a new application that needs to talk to a SLC 5/04. I forgot that we can't bridge through a DHRIO (GRR!!!) so I am trying to go through OPC. There is a dedicated RSLinx Gateway server used for several of the Wonderware nodes so it is already in use and functional. However, when I try to add the OPC data source to this application, I get:
Cannot connect to OPC enumeration service on SVR2. Ensure that all OPC services are properly installed on that machine.

I tried putting IP address instead of hostname. I went to the server and found that OPCenum service was not running, so I enabled it. Still no luck.

What did I miss?

Similar Topics

Hi everyone! I have a problem with FTVSE9.0 and Third Party OPC, i cannot read tags from opc server (KPEServerEX), and i do it without problems...
Replies
Views
Hi - quick question. Can FactoryTalk View tags (HMI memory tags) be read via an OPC client ? I've setup a test FactoryTalk project with a couple...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I need to add a SLC500 to FTView Studio and have run into a roadblock. The OPC topic is configured in RSlinx without a problem, but...
Replies
Views
I tried doing this by adding a remote opc server running wonder ware on an Opto22 controler using ethernet. The topic comes through and is active...
Replies
Views
Hello dear experts! Please advice me how to generate a digital alarm in FT VIEW SE A&E by one bit from a tag in KepwareOPC where this tag is a...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom