Factorytalk view - Display infos af a point

MFA

Dear all,

I'd like to access to maximum, minimum, scale and offset values of a point.
The goal is only to display those values in a graphic in runtime.

I tried with syntaxes like
- /*N:5 {Analog\#1\Value:maximum} NOFILL DP:2*/
- /*N:5 {Analog\#1\Value.maximum} NOFILL DP:2*/

But nothings works.

Is it possible?
Factorytalk view V8.00

Thanks for your help

If you are looking for nearly useless, display only values, you can use the "Tag Label" display field. From menu, Objects | Advanced Objects | Tag Label. That is display only, and of course can't actually be combined with the actual tag value.

Remember, FTView, even at version 8, and even for the insane price, is still not as capable as any other HMI from 20+ years ago. Rockwell has some bad products, but FTView is the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Thanks for your help.

Sorry, but I can't find any "Tag label" in Advanced objects.
My FTView version is in french, but I have nothing in Advanced object that can be used as Tag label.

Maybe versions are different?

One more question concerning the language change.
How can I change the label of a button?
How can I change texts of my whole application?

Objects | Advanced should have something like "Tag label", it's been there for many versions (and useless in every one).

For languages, assuming you have the menu options available, go to the menu bar, Tools | Languages. Add the language(s) you want. Note that you ALSO have to add any and all desired languages to Windows itself.

Do the application in one language. Select the Languages tool, and export. That will create an Excel sheet, probably with a bunch of **UNDEFINED** elements. That is where you substitute the text, which will be switched in based on the Runtime language selection.

Note: FTView will do stupid formatting, but that is just the way it works.