FactoryTalk View ME in Industrial PC and Excel Interface

matzkon86

Hello to all,
I would like to implement an 'interface' between FactoryTalk ME application and Excel.
The sequence will be the following:
The user will scan a bar code in FactoryTalk and this bar code will be transferred in an Excel database. The Excel sheet will contain thousands of different bar codes.
With a Visual Basic macro which uses the StrComp function the Barcode from FactoryTalk will be compared with the macros which already exist in Excel. If the result of StrComp is somewhere equal with 0 the Excel sheet will return a specified value to the FactoryTalk.

Until now I am able to transfer the barcode to the Excel sheet through RsLinx Single Node and my macro which compares the bar codes works fine when I trigger it. But I would like execute this macro automatically when the imported bar code from FactoryTalk changes value.
I try the Worksheet_Change sub but it seems to not work because in reality I don't change the value of the cell as the Tag from RsLinx is always the same.

If someone knows another way of executing automatically macros in Excel will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

wlcome to the site.
Mate, now I need to remember - bit busy to test.
when you create a Macro in Excel, I think you need to Name it as 'AUTO' or similar. check the Excel Macro help.

Hello Iant. Thanks for you answers.
I have already saved the Excel file in .xlsm format.
My problem is that I am looking for a way to trigger the macro which contains the StrComp. If I specify a macro to run constantly, Visual Basic faults.

Anyway, I will try to find information about this 'AUTO' you proposed to me...
Thanks

The other solution in my issue is if try to execute the macro from FactoryTalk and not from Excel. Is it possible to execute a macro from Excel by pressing a button in the FactoryTalk?

Thanks

plz help anybody,
i am using kepserver in remote server to collect the data from the plc 1769 allenbradly l32e. my quesstion is all plc tags display in remote pc with kepserver.but i cant create alarm logic for if kepserver to plc communication failed. how i create kepserver communication fail alarm. plz replyu

The other solution in my issue is if try to execute the macro from FactoryTalk and not from Excel. Is it possible to execute a macro from Excel by pressing a button in the FactoryTalk?

Thanks

I think you need to setup a OPC Topic in RsLinx for your excel sheet. Use Factory Talk to trigger bit in plc. The OPC Topic in Rslinx could populate a cell in Excel from the bit in PLC. Use a pulse timer in VB to monitor Cell value and run code when true.
Or use compare logic in PLC to Monitor for new barcode then set value in excel cell.

I agree, run the Macro from Rslinx, never done it though.

Auto Macro - search excel help for 'run macro'
thi is the PDF for it