FactoryTalk View ME Runtime/Run after download to Panelview Plus

Good Evening ,

I added a few screens to a FactoryTalk View ME Application, I'm going to download this modified application to the same PanelView Plus 1500 . I don't have the password to exit the running application. If I download the new application with the additional screens and tell it to run after download , this application will not become the main ME will it ? What is the best way to recover a password in a FactoryTalk View appication ? I guess you can't delete a .mer in a PanelView Plus thru Transfer Utility can you ?

Thanks so much in advance ,

If you name it the same it should overwrite the current file. If you select run at start up that file will become the new main mer even if it is a different name.

I don't think there is anyway to delete a mer with utility. I always just go to the desktop.

I don't know how to recover a password but I have cleared them on a few screens on equipment that was done by outside companies. On the back there are two buttons. A reset and Default(I think is the text) then you use a USB keyboard to select the options that you want.

There is probally a reason there is a password in there. Perhaps so no one can modify a running program. I put passwords in my FTSV mer. programs so any curious Bubba's dont cause problems. Why mess with some thing when its already working?curoisiou

Last edited:
For us it tends to be for housekeeping. To bring the Mer files in line with our naming system. Or to clear miss named mer files that were downloaded by techs.

We also have set passwords throughout the plant so any outside equipment will be brought inline with our standard.

Also you don't need the password to modify it.

Good Evening ,

I added a few screens to a FactoryTalk View ME Application, I'm going to download this modified application to the same PanelView Plus 1500 . I don't have the password to exit the running application. If I download the new application with the additional screens and tell it to run after download , this application will not become the main ME will it ? What is the best way to recover a password in a FactoryTalk View appication ? I guess you can't delete a .mer in a PanelView Plus thru Transfer Utility can you ?

Thanks so much in advance ,

If you don't need the old program, restore to defaults with Key Board, install firmware, set access password and IP, download away.