FactoryTalk View ME Station on PC - 2 PLC's

camo200sx

Heya

Given lead times on a new PanelView Performance which we'd plan to deploy and connect to 2 x PLC's, we're in a bit of a pickle.

Can we use FactoryTalk View ME on a PC with monitor and achieve the same thing for the time being? Non performance PanelViews can only talk to 1 controller, but will the ME Station running on a PC let us control 2 PLC's?

Cheers

FactoryTalk View ME running on a full Windows desktop environment is not restricted to just one Shortcut to a controller.

I'm not sure if there is a preset limit: there might be a practical performance or capacity limit based on your PC performance.

If you talk to your supplier, they can get you a 30-day free trial license from AB to maybe tide you over until the performance model comes in. That way you could keep the programs on separate PC's. The license for a PC application is limited by screen count. So be sure to get one that will cover your needs. But multiple connections are allowed. I've have used up to 6 with no problem. Also, one more thing to keep in mind that the running man part of the developer software will run for 2 hours. Just make sure you set up your PLC shortcut under the developer tab and not the runtime tab. That will allow the running man test to connect to the PLC.