FactoryTalk View Studio - creating pop-ups

The only way I've found to do this is to have the button that opens the 'window' turn a bit on that starts a timer in the PLC, and while the timer is timing the 'window' stays open. Of course the 'window' is not actually a window, but a visibility controlled portion of the screen.

To create a popup screen right click on Displays in the project tree and click new. Then right click on the new window and select Display settings.In the Display Type window check the On Top selection and also give the screen a Display number. To open the popup window create an Goto Display button. To close the popup window I use a Global Connection. This is found in the project tree under Global Connections.Under the Display tab assign a PLC tag to Close On Top Displays. When this tag is true all on top displays are closed. I use the Remote Display Number tag to track if a pop up is open

By the looks of things if you setup global connection "remote display number" and preset a display to be a On Top screen then when you call the display number it will pop up.
Then reset the remote display number to 0 otherwise the operator wont be able to change screens, then after a PLC timer set the Close all popups to hide the screen again.

I will try this, hopefully later this week and report back once I have tested it unless someone already knows this doesn't work