FactoryTalk View Studio Multiple IPS

Garedgar

Is it possible to make multiple IP setups and change them according to a variable.

Example:
If “Skid ID” == 10
Then PLCPath 192.168.1.3
Else if “Skid ID” == 20
Then PLCPath 192.168.1.4
End

Etc etc…

The reason for this is we have a tethered AB MobileView HMI.
We are making a master MER view file since all these skids are identical from the HMI graphics.
But customer wants the HMI to automatically know when you plug the tethered HMI to skid 10 to automatically go to that set of graphics and connect to that specific PLC, i am able to know what skid im plugging into by using the ActiveX variables for this HMI so that is not a problem. I just need to know if I can script something like the code above into my MER FactoryView Studio.

TIA!

If you use direct reference or database tags you can call the screens using #1 where you pass either the tag folder name or the direct reference topic name. Make your startup screen either detect which machine it's plugged into or put a selector to select which machine. I have used the ActiveX to get the terminals IP address then used the Macro Multiplexer ActiveX to select what #1 would be passed to the screens.