FactoryTalk View Studio - Scripts

KirillIvanov

FT12 have a Scripts section at FactoryTalk View Studio and it's possible to add there ps1 PowerShell scripts.

Anyone knows if it's possible to trigger those scripts from Alarm/Event?

Last edited:
If I remember right scripts can't be executed server side. Have to call/execute them from the operator terminal. So you can have an alarm indirectly trigger them. Will need to write some VBA and attach it to an always on screen object so it keeps executing. Have it watch for the alarm bit to go high/low (however you have the alarm programmed). And execute the script based on that.

Been awhile since I worked with FTV alarm/events system.

Similar Topics

Hello, I made a change in alarm setup in factory view studio, where I changed a alarm message text. After that I made a run application and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm having an issue with connecting View Studio emulation to a real PLC. I am running View Studio 8.01 on a Hyper-V virtual machine...
Replies
Views
Hello. I have a Project I'm doing in Factorytalk View Studio. One of my displays I created has a bunch of red x's on all of the objects I created...
Replies
Views
So, I'm new to the PLC world (fresh graduate) and at my job I've been pretty much only helping out the other programmers with simpler tasks while...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I have a project coming up that will require my HMI runtime to toggle from English to Spanish via selector switch. What is the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom