Fatek or Delta PLC for UDP Communication

Arizona

Hi PLCTalk Family,

I am currently using S71200 for UDP communication in one of our projects. Recently due to the chip shortage looking out to switching to any Delta or Fatek PLC. Need your opinion, which PLC of them do support UDP communication, and what are the alternatives?

Thanks.

Hi there, do you mean you developed a custom application using UDP? If all your IO can be handled through Ethernet, I advise you consider CODESYS because the engineering tool is free of charge, they only charge for the runtime and there are so many different target CPUs that CODESYS supports, including Linux, Windows and rasPi. CODESYS supports sockets so you can develop your application, plus it has very food PLC functions, visualization tools, etc. Not familiar with Delta or Fatek so I can't comment on those.

Thanks for your reply, Codesys is somewhat limited to the software side. I am looking for an alternative of siemens s71200 PLC in Fatek or Delta product range as are available in bulk in my country.

P.S. don't have any prior exposure codesys.

Thanks for your reply, Codesys is somewhat limited to the software side. I am looking for an alternative of siemens s71200 PLC in Fatek or Delta product range as are available in bulk in my country.

P.S. don't have any prior exposure codesys.
If Fatek or Delta have good distributorship in your country I agree this is perhaps the good alternative. I am confused by the fact that you say that CODESYS is limited on the software side, but that you do not have too much exposure to CODESYS. I have been using CODESYS for many years, and find it is very powerful. What is it you need to do that CODESYS would not be able to do?