Fault Flags and FIFO?

biggles

Hi All,
Have just registered so this is my first post. I have a question relating to the best or easiest method of handling error messages arising out of Fault flags being set. I wish to address these in the order they arise.

Perhaps I should start by descibing the task in brief.
FX3UC CPU with 4 CH A-D and RS232 Comms module out to VFD 4 Line 20 CHarHMI Display.
Task = Monitor Qty 3 of 4-20mA inputs and 3 digital inputs and set alarms at different levels of inputs. To date 11 possible fault combinations exist which are stored in D22 which is used as a fault register, each bit representing a different fault.

Remote possiblity exists that two faults may appear simultaneously.Some of the faults require a reset button to be pressed after fault correction which would presumably reset a bit in the fault register. but while we are waiting for the reset to be pressed I still need to add new faults to the register as they arise. Each fault requires a message output to the HMI Display. Currently using the RS instruction to do this.

Has anyone got any suggestions please?
Many thanks
Biggles

I think you will need to post your exact PLC program (the part for the fault reset) before someone can help you add new faults to the register. Normally, having 2 faults occur at the same time is not a problem because they will use different bits in the fault word. If it is the same fault, then the old bit simply gets overwritten with another "1".

You can print your program logic to a PDF file and attach it to your next post.