Fault on Micrologix 1100

techy7

Please I have a Micrologix 1000 that keeps blinking a red fault light each time the machine is put on. What should I do to clear this fault?

Welcome to the Forum!

If this was an existing controller that was in service then a flashing Red Fault LED will usually indicate a major fault in the processor or memory.

It is also possible that a fault has cleared the program from memory.

To identify and attempt to clear the fault you will need to go online to the controller. To do this you will need RSLogix Micro or 500 programming software and 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.

Do you have any experience with those items and are they available to you?

P.s. Is it a Micrologix 1000 or 1100? You have mentioned both.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
Micrologix 1000 fault

Thanks for the reply,it's a Micrologix 1000 PLC. I've got the items you mentioned, I use them for programming but I've not used them to clear a fault . Please how do I go about it?
The PLC is in an existing machine that was perfectly working

Go online with controller-click on "Processor Status"- click on the "Error" tab.

Take note of the "Major Error S:6" take note of the Error Description" and then clear the error.
If you are having trouble finding what caused the error post back with the above info and someone here can help.

howtoclearerror.png