fiber optic cable and LV cables

Charbel

Dear,

is it allowed to route fiber optic cable and LV cables in the same conduits?

both of the cables are not armored. please let me know if you have any concern.

thank you!

charbel

Dear,

is it allowed to route fiber optic cable and LV cables in the same conduits?

both of the cables are not armored. please let me know if you have any concern.

thank you!

charbel

What's your concern ?

From an electrical point of view it isn't an issue, nothing is going to effect light flowing down a tube, there may be considerations with cable type and mechanical protection but that's for you to select based on the run.

For the record, we manufacture some medium voltage cables (15 to 300KV) with 6 and 12 strand fiber built in.

Can't get much closer together then that.

Interesting, guessing they are used for signals to and from relays for protection etc. ?