Firmware change of CNBR E

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Friends,
I have existing CNBR Series. E, Firm ware Rev: 11.002 running in a redundant system, now I received new CNBRE with F/W 11.005. As our system is running on redundant system so their revision must be same, so I don't want to existing running system Primary PLC. Please advise how I can change firmware of CNBRE from 11.005 to 11.002.

Looking forward to hear.

Hello. I think you need to verify that the new hardware does support the old firmware. Then you need to go to the Rockwell website, download the desired version 11.002 of the firmware and then use the Rockwell Flash Programming Tools. The CNBR must be connected to a Logix Rack to which you can have access via USB or EtherNet/IP (and in very old system perhaps RS232C) so that you can communicate the Flash Programming Tool to the CNBR