First post and a question. Sharp plc.

SBrgr

I have been reading and learning here for quite some time. I decided to register and post a question when I could not find an answer elsewhere.

I am looking for information on the software and cable required to communicate with a Sharp JW10 plc. This is used in an Acer surface grinder.

Thanks

A story concerning a Sharp PLC (not sure if it was this model). On attempting to download a program I got a "Flaming Error'. After verifying that the PLC was not on fire I check the manual I had and it repeated nearly unintelligible advice concerning the 'Flaming Error' (barely translated from Japanese). When I realized it was related to communications I also figured out it was a 'Framing Error'. After adjusting the stop bits everything went fine.

A story concerning a Sharp PLC (not sure if it was this model). On attempting to download a program I got a "Flaming Error'. After verifying that the PLC was not on fire I check the manual I had and it repeated nearly unintelligible advice concerning the 'Flaming Error' (barely translated from Japanese). When I realized it was related to communications I also figured out it was a 'Framing Error'. After adjusting the stop bits everything went fine.

Velly good..:ROFLMAO:

Bernie, enjoyed your story about the translation.

Lancie, Thanks for the links. After looking through them I think I have figured out I need a JW-12C cable and either a JW-100UA adapter or what looks like a 25 to 9 pin converter depending on which software or PC I use. I found the upgrade section but it appears like I need an original version with a serial number to upgrade. Does that sound right?
Since this is an old unit and one of a kind here, I didn't want to put much money in it. Is any of this software (even an old DOS version)a free download anywhere? Are there Sharp reps in the US?