Flashing output, RS Logix 500

nhicks

Im trying to flash an output (50/50 duty cycle, .5 sec on/off.)
I thought a TON/TOFF setup, but I cant get the logic down right.
Is there an actual timer bit I can use?

Thanks

NH

How about:

XIC Some_Input XIO FlashTimer.DN TON FlashTimer Pre 100 Base .01

XIC FlashTimer.TT LEQ FlashTimer.ACC 50 OTE BlinkingOutput

Should be that simple.

S:4 bits

If it is not required that the flashing be at exactly every .5 second you could use the S:4 bits to flash the output. Basicly these bits are on then off for a specific amount of time. We use this for our flashing light outputs. Information about and an example of how to use the S:4 bits are located on page B-21 of the SLC 500 instruction set manual (ab cat # 1747-rm001_-en-p[1].pdf)

Larry

Christoff84 said:
I usually use 2 timers for this:

XIO T4:1/DN TON T4:0 0.01 50 0
XIC T4:0/DN TON T4:1 0.01 50 0
XIC T4:1/TT OTE Output

I have to apologize, ive never programmed with this style language.

Can you explain the T4:1/TT OTE command?

The time doesnt have to br .5 seconds, just thought that would be the best, but the flashing needs to be quick enough for the user to glance at it and notice it.

Double click on a line in the ladder diagram.
You will now see the XIC T4:1/DN instructions. It is the nemonic way of expressing the rung. You can press enter on the rung, & enter the rung in using the nemonic commands.

You can also program a flashing out put by using a simple TON timer with time base 0.01, preset 100 and a Limit Test with Low Limit 1 and High Limit 51. Put an XIO instruction in series of timer instruction for recycling it (for example T7:0/DN).

As previously posted, there are several ways to do what you ask, I prefer using the S:4 bits, but the following will work on any platform:

FLASHE.png