Flying Shear Controller Cutting Acuuracy

Rahni:
I have designed flying cutoff for pipes in the past, the basic idea is that carriage reaches pipe mill speed before cutting. So PID is used to make carriage accelerate and mantain same speed as pipe mill, then carriage clamps against the pipe until cutting is finished, then go back home until next cut.
Encoder located on pipe mill must be as a high ppr as possible and quadrature, the same for encoder located on carriage.
Please take into account that servo board max frequency should be greater than the one produced by encoders when moving.

Similar Topics

I'm working on a flying shear application consisting of two kinetix 350 drives. I need to find a way to connect the encoder connected to the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have been asked to look at a flying shear tube mill and improve on its accuracy currently running at up to +/- 3mm and needs to get down...
Replies
Views
Here is a nice flying shear application. This type of project is often asked about here...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to PLC's...more of a PC and Labview person for 20 years...Question to you pros out there...We're building a flying shear machine (I...
Replies
Views
Hi.. I have flying shear application using rotary knife. The line speed is 100 FPM and rotary knife using Vector motor with Inverter for speed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom