Free DF1 driver

Sounds like it Jiri!

I can access all other sites though, I am bit confused, I have been to your site before too!

Is your site built on JSP or something else eloquent? Maybe you have banned my IP
icon10.gif

Seriously though, I just tried another computer, using the same ISP and I get the cant fidn find DNS or server error.

Anyone from outside the US or any Australian able to access Jiri's site?

TimeFluxCap said:
Seriously though, I just tried another computer, using the same ISP and I get the cant fidn find DNS or server error.

Anyone from outside the US or any Australian able to access Jiri's site?
I just tried it - no problem.

QUERY ABOUT RXLinx

Hi People........
Well, I am relatively new to this PLC and RXLinx thing...
Can anybody guide me through this and send me some online links abt articles or e-books, which could give me a broader idea about what this thing is or how it works??
Eager to hear from u people and participate in the forum
Bye.
Cheers,
Harish

This would have been better posted as a new thread.

RSLinx is a comprehensive driver package that is used to connect a large range of AB controllers, using any of the AB supported networks, using a wide range of PC interface hardware.

Controllers supported include:

PLC2, 3, 5 and SLC 500 PLC's
ControlLogix and CompactLogix PAC's
HMI devices such as PanelViews
Motor controllers such as Powerflex and SMCFlex.

Networks supported include:

DF1 RS232 Serial, Full Duplex point to point, and Half Duplex DF1 Polling Master or Slave.
DH-485
DH+
DeviceNet
ControlNet
Ethernet IP
SoftLogix Virtual Backplane
Emulator Drivers for SLC500 and PLC5

PC Interface hardware supported includes:

Serial COM ports
Ethernet ports
And a range of ISA, PCI and PCMCIA network cards for DH+, ControlNet and DeviceNet.

In addition RSLinx supports various modes of DDE and is a full OPC2.0 compliant server. The Gateway version will act as a bridge between a Remote client on a TCP/IP connection, and any of the local connections to a controller.

Using CIP protocol it fully implements all the bridging and routing native to the ControlLogix system, allowing complete messaging transparency to any node in the system. Commercially it is packaged into a number of versions supporting different feature levels.

RSLinx is normally used to allow HMI software such as RSView, programming tools such as RSLogix5/500/5000, or DriveTools, or PanelBuilder to access the controller hardware. Multiple applications can access the same network and same controller at the same time.

All up there is a LOT of functionality buried in RSLinx. The only real way to get to learn all about it is to get hold of the Help files, and start reading them.

Last edited:
Jiri Toman said:
I have posted a free DF1 driver on TomanTron's web site
at www.tomantron.com.
This is a .NET framework component (DLL). Use with Visual Studio.
It is not a demo that will expire, it's a completely free
piece of software.
It works with Micrologix and SLC500.

Very easy interface.
Adjustable polling rate.
Read and write 100 integers.
Supports embedded responses.
OnDataAvailable event.
No need for RSLinx.
Supports 8 COM ports.
Multithreaded for maximum speed.

Looking for some feedback.

Jiri Toman

Jiri,

I would like to try out this DF1 driver, can you tell me where I can down load it?

bitwise