Free HMI Visualisation Software

Hello,

i have a data historian system it is a GE proficy historian. i need an application that can be used to display the data in a HMI format. i need the software to have graphs with date and time pickers as well as analog gauges that will display the real time speed.the software needs only to have display capabilities no control or data storage capabilities required.

if anyone could suggest some simple and most importantly free applications that can be downloaded i would be very grateful

kind regards,
Brendan

Check the forum for "Advanced HMI'.
A member has developed it and he is on here often should you have any questions.
It is free. And slick!

There are a handful of open-source and free-as-in-reduced-functionality HMI packages out there that will communicate with several different controller models and will provide simple visualization. The favorites around here are AdvancedHMI and Ignition Panel Edition.

The BIG thing you're asking for is a graph/chart object that includes date/time pickers and can access historical data stored by Proficy. You might also be asking for realtime display of data being stored by Proficy.

This is not typically a feature of free HMI software.

What format does Proficy use to store this historical data ? Is it proprietary, or SQL-based, or something else ?

IGSS has a free 50 tags version. It is a fully fledged SCADA. You can find it by searching the forum.
I dont have any personal experience with IGSS.

I have used it occationally ever since it was in Siemens' portifolio under the names 'OS32' and also 'LSA'. Back then it ran under GEM. I bet nobody can remember the graphic environment from Digital Research. Must have been Anno Domini MCMXC.

Kalle

it is in SQL format i believe. yes that is what i am worried about having graphing ability is essential to my project.

any software however basic as long as it had graphing ability would be ideal

Hello,

i have a data historian system it is a GE proficy historian. i need an application that can be used to display the data in a HMI format. i need the software to have graphs with date and time pickers as well as analog gauges that will display the real time speed.the software needs only to have display capabilities no control or data storage capabilities required.

if anyone could suggest some simple and most importantly free applications that can be downloaded i would be very grateful

kind regards,
Brendan
Proficy Historian comes with instructions and an example of how to use MS Excel to view its data. If that does not work for you it is also SQL compliant, so any "Report" writer will also work.
BTW, what does "HMI format" mean?

yes i believe there is an excel add-in. however if possible i would like a nice simple HMI that an unskilled operator could simply view a graph and select a date. thank you all for you suggestions they are a great help

yes i believe there is an excel add-in. however if possible i would like a nice simple HMI that an unskilled operator could simply view a graph and select a date. thank you all for you suggestions they are a great help
Can't get much simpler than an Excel Macro. IMHO 📚

well i want a user friendly HMI that an operator can simply open and view trends and active x gauges instead of having to search tags and download data then open trends etc. i must makeit look as professional as i can

well i want a user friendly HMI that an operator can simply open and view trends and active x gauges instead of having to search tags and download data then open trends etc. i must makeit look as professional as i can
If you are looking for a hardware based HMI, the Red Lion G3 is fast and inexpensive and relatively easy to set up, but it's trends require additional polish to look well, although as built, their performance is great.

For a PC based HMI, you can so this with DDE/OPC and RSLinx and still look professional.

I think I need to know more about the end user and purpose to decide if it is appropriate to build this with Excel and trust it.

Also, look at Ignition if it has not been mentioned yet. You can set up a system for free with their demo software and run it on anything that supports java.

EDIT: Yes, I think Mickey has a link to Panel edition above.

its a software hmi im looking for. i need it to be able to pull data from the GE proficy historian system (free version)

the end user would be operators on a factory floor who would be looking at a mimic panel of four conveyers with four user configurable embedded graphs